Today, we hosted Chef Olivier Pistre, currently Executive Chef of the Shangri-La Hotels in Besiktas, in our kitchen where he gave us the demonstration of a wonderful seasonal recipe – fried pumpkin purée. We had the most fun while we carefully listened, observed, chatted and got to taste the dessert in the end. Chef Pistre told us that the main reason why he chose this recipe was because it reminded him of his childhood. I hope that you will be able to connect with the recipe as well!
- Pumpkin Purée (550 gr)
- Egg whites (130 gr)
- White sugar (60 gr)
- Rhum (20 gr)
- Baking powder (5 gr)
- Flour (150 gr)
- Lemon zest
- Orange zest
- Mix the egg whites well and add sugar.
- While mixing, add the vanilla, rhum, baking powder, lemon and orange zest.
- Then, mix it slowly with pumpkin purée by hand and when it’s ready start to mix it with flour.
Ingredients of the Pumpkin Purée:
- Pumpkin (1 kg)
- Rock Salt (20 gr)
- Water (1 kg)
- Clean the pumpkin from the skin and seeds and cut it in small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a high compression pot and cook 30 minutes.