Almost everyone loves chocolate chip cookies no matter in which size or shape that they come in. This recipe to make by yourself or with your friends to have more fun! The twist is that you add some green food coloring and drizzle some more melted chocolate for decoration. Minimalism is trending these days- but not with these cookies.
Ingredients: (serves around 15-18 cookies)
for the cookies:
- 125 grams of butter
- 50 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 240 grams of flour
- 3/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 140 grams of chocolate chips (you can use dark, milk, white chocolate or a combination of those three)
- green gel food coloring
- mini marshmallows (or you can just cut some bigger ones into 4 like I did)
- more chocolate to melt (around 80 grams should be enough)
- Line some oven trays with parchment paper and heat your oven to 180 ºC / 360 ºF degrees.
- Melt the butter and set it to cool down for a little bit. It should neither be hot or in solid form.
- Mix the the sugar with the butter by adding the sugar gradually in big bowl. Mix until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add the vanilla first, and then the egg. Make sure to stop whisking once the eggs are incorporated into your mixture. Stopping whisking at this step is very important for our cookies to turn out nice.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl, then add the solids to the liquid mixture gradually- preferably in more than 5 turns- until the mixture forms a dough.
- This is where you’ll add the green food coloring to give the cookies a more shrek™esque look. While this step is completely optional, you might need to add some more flour accordingly.
- Add the chocolate chips and place the cookies slightly apart to avoid them sticking together, since they’ll spread once they get in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Take your cookies out once they’ve been in the 0ven for 11 minutes, even if they’re soft and you think they’re still raw. Once they cool down- they’ll harden and you’ll see that they’re baked just the right amount.
- Place the cookies on a cooking rack and wait for them to cool down. Meanwhile you can prepare the decorations.
- Put your marshmallows in a bowl, cut them into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Pour the sprinkles into another small bowl deep enough that the cookies won’t touch to the bottom when we dunk them in.
- Melt your chocolate. You can use the microwave, a fondue machine or the good old bain marie technique. Just make sure to take the chocolate out of the microwave and to stir it every 30 seconds or so.
- Take a cookie and dunk it halfway into the chocolate. Tap it on the side of the bowl to drip off any excess chocolate.
- Quickly, before the chocolate dries place the marshmallows on and dunk the cookie in sprinkles.
- Place them on a plate (or the tray) and wait for the chocolate to set.
There you go- grab your friends, some milk and enjoy the deliciousness of these wonderful cookies! The base recipe for the cookie was derived from Damy’s Kitchen’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (which is just as tasty!). Hope you enjoy this recipe and make sure to share your cookies with me as well! ~ Bon Appétit!